Monday, November 02, 2009

Overflowing

Overflowing, overflowing, overflowing grace (Rom. 5:15)
Precious gift from You, Father, that can never be contained
You saw my need, my broken world, my fallen heart
And you gave me Your Son . . . Oh, far beyond imagination!

Oh, Your grace overflows, overflows in my heart
Let the world see the overflow and praise You!

Overflowing, overflowing, overflowing hope (Rom. 15:13)
By the power of Your Spirit as I put my trust in You
I look ahead at days to come, there's no fear
And I find joy and peace . . . Oh, far beyond imagination!

Oh, Your hope overflows, overflows in my heart
Let the world see the overflow and praise You!

Overflowing, overflowing, overflowing joy
(II Cor. 8:2, Phil. 1:26, II Cor. 7:4)

Just to be in Your family and to never be alone
Bearing burdens, sharing sorrows, tasting tears
And You turn it all to good . . . Oh, far beyond imagination!

Oh, Your joy overflows, overflows in my heart
Let the world see the overflow and praise You!

Overflowing, overflowing, overflowing comfort (II Cor. 1:5)
From You, Father of Compassion, to my soul in my distress
You heal my pain, then let me see Your aching world
And there I am Your servant . . . Oh far beyond imagination!

Oh, Your comfort overflows, overflows in my heart
Let the world see the overflow and praise You!

Overflowing, overflowing, overflowing love (I Thess. 3:12)
From one heart to another, holy, pure, spreading wide
Loving brothers, loving sisters, joy to me
And it gives You such delight . . . Oh, far beyond imagination!

Oh, Your love overflows, overflows in my heart
Let the world see the overflow and praise You!

Overflowing, overflowing, overflowing thanks (Col. 2:7; II Cor. 4:15)
For the treasure that you gave us, hidden in these jars of clay
Rooted deep, growing strong, Christ in us
And this mystery brings you glory . . . O, far beyond imagination!

Oh, our thanks overflows, overflows in our hearts
Let the world see the overflow and praise You!


I wrote this poem last year after doing a word study on "overflowing" in the New Testament. The photo is from my friend Ruth, a gifted photographer. When I saw this photo, I thought the photo and the poem belonged together! The photo is posted with her permission and the poem with her encouragement.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm thrilled to see this come out so beautifully together. Loved the poetry so much. I'm overflowing here!!!! Ruth