We are expecting our little guy to make his arrival in about six more weeks. The last time I talked to Michelle I said, "It's going to be soon, the date is almost here!" She said, "Mom, that's not soon! It's still a long time to wait!" I guess there is a big difference in the perspective of a mom and grandma. I'm not the one with the the body inhabited by two people! But I do remember that feeling . . . being soooooo tired of waddling instead of walking, wanting some SPACE for my stomach and bladder. So Michelle is definitely in my prayers these days.
In Tagalog (the language of the Philippines), the word for grandchild is "apo". One of my colleagues told me that grandmothers have an apo-stolic ministry. Corny, I know. But it made me smile! Another friend gave me a book called 365 Meditations for Grandmothers. It talks about the many important ministries a grandma has in her grandchild's life. I never knew any of my own grandparents, so this is all totally new to me. I'm already starting my first ministry of praying for Danny's life-- what a joy!
1 comment:
Theresa,
I so look forward to the photos of your grandson. Please send me Michelle's address so that I may send her gift.
Linda Dunagan
Post a Comment