
Temperatures all week have been in the high nineties . . . these days you have to talk yourself into going outdoors to do anything. Some new students arrived at IGSL this week from India, and as I oriented them I found myself assuring them (repeatedly!) that it's not always this hot in Manila. I think I was just trying to assure myself! I told them it will probably be this way till June, when the rains come.

Then, suddenly today . . . it rained. Not just a little shower, but hours of fresh, cooling rain. What a gift! Love it!!!

It's been a strange week. Each day I thought it would be impossible to accomplish everything on my list. But each day God was gracious and I could see His hand ordering my day and seeing me through. The week included thorny personnel issues at work, praying with sick students, three job interviews, working on a talk for an upcoming retreat, English practice with two of my favorite students, eating too much Bengali food, and a trip to the ER with two-year old who broke his leg.
.
The endless variety of my job is always a blessing. When one part makes me tired, another part always makes me smile. Tonight, the rain is making me smile. And whenever I think about my dear Michelle expecting next December, that makes me smile too (SOG with smiles). It was a tiring week, but a good one.
No comments:
Post a Comment