You know me . . . babies are one of my most favorite things in all the world. Last week, one of the ladies in my Iron Sharpening Group gave birth. Her name is Kalpana, and she is from Nepal. I served as a Lamaze coach for her and her husband Satya. It was such a joy to walk through this whole adventure with them. The baby's name is Suyog, which means "perfect timing." When they first found out they were expecting, they were a bit disappointed because it meant changing many of their plans and dreams. But as the months went by, God showed them that it all fit into His perfect plan.
So, I took him in my arms, sat in a chair, and looked into his eyes. He was so alert, as Lamaze babies usually are. He looked back at me, straight into my eyes. How does a brand new baby know to look at your eyes??? I felt like I was on holy ground. It was a very precious half hour. We looked at each other, and I prayed for his life. Awesome.
1 comment:
Theresa-- This is the coolest post. I am envious of you getting such an awesome experience. I also love the miracle of birth and would have loved to be a little mouse in the corner.
Post a Comment