Friday, November 14, 2008

Missions Emphasis

For the past several weeks, the kids in our Achievers' International School have been learning about missions. They learned about Adoniram Judson, Hudson Taylor, and William Carey. It was a very significant time in their lives, and many of them announced that they plan to be missionaries when they grow up. I really salute the teachers for all the hard work they put into this! On the last day, I toured the classroom to see their displays. Do you want to come with me to see their rooms?

First we have to get a passport!


This is our tour guide Prena, who will teach us about the life of Adoniram Judson.

This cute little guy is wearing a label so we will know who he is supposed to be!


This little lady is responsible for the map that shows Hudson Taylor's trip from England to China.
Here I am sampling Chinese food and learning about the chronology of China Inland Mission.


Another stamp is required for the next phase of the tour!

This is William Carey, when he was still a shoemaker, before he became a missionary.

These little tour guides are trying to remember all of the details of William Carey's life!

The class wrote a letter to William Carey to thank him for going to India.

This is Teacher Becky, who coordinated the whole project.
.
Congratulations on a job well done! I thoroughly enjoyed my tour.

No comments: