Friday, November 21, 2008

My Wonderful Team

I work with some great people. That's what I love about my life! Some are professors, some are students, some are employees. And I live a life of endless variety! One of my objectives with this blog is to try to show you some glimpses of that variety. On Thursday, some of the other lady professors and I threw a surprise birthday party for Shelby, who is my assistant in our Student Services Department office. That's Shelby on the right. On the left is my colleague Lut, who is one of the most creative party planners I've ever met!

We (the lady professors) were having a lunch date together, and Shelby thought she was taking pictures for our party. So she was very surprised when it turned out the party was for her.

She has been married for almost a year, so it was sort of a combination of a birthday party and "wife shower" for her. We gave lots of advice (that's what older ladies always do with younger ladies, right???) and gifts, and laughed a lot.


No comments: