Friday, December 04, 2009

The Last Pakistani Fellowship

A year ago, I wrote about our little Pakistani Fellowship at IGSL. There are six adults in this group, and four of us are not from Pakistan. But we meet every month, eat Pakistani food, and pray for Pakistan. It has been such a rich time together and all of us look forward to it each month. It has made us alert as we listen to the news--now when we hear of a bombing or any other crisis, we think, "We have to pray for our Pakistan!"

The Pakistani family (Klamint to James' right, Romela to my right, and Sana on my lap) are about to graduate and move back home in a few weeks. They are our only Pakistani students, which is why the rest of us added ourselves to their group. So, last night we met and prayed for the last time. It was a bit tearful, but a precious time together--the end of another chapter. I'll miss these dear people . . . and I'll miss the biriyani too!


No comments: