Sunday, December 06, 2009

It's Almost Time

This is Michelle, our dear daughter, who lives with her husband in Texas. As you can see, they are going to be parents very soon! So, I am packing my bags now, and will be winging my way to Texas on Tuesday morning. I am so excited to spend time with them and to meet our first grandchild!

Our son Matthew will also join us in Texas for Christmas, while James holds down the fort in Manila. Since both of our kids, and our son-in-law too, grew up in the Philippines, they all have a taste for Filipino food. So usually, when I visit, my bags are filled with goodies for them. I have had fun grocery shopping this week. As I packed the extra-large suitcase, I had to laugh. The baggage handler at the airport is going to take a deep breath and lift my huge bag, and find that it weighs . . . not much. It is mostly filled with dried noodles, spice packets, and chips.

I hope that the customs agents will believe me when I tell them that I am a doting mama and not an importer for an Asian food store.

No comments: