This is about 1,000 gifts again. It has been two and a half weeks since I started my list, and I am up to 67 gifts. At this rate it will take me about 9 months to finish. But my goal is not really to finish it, the joy is in the journey, as they say. I am becoming so conscious of how much I have been given. Gift #5 was "a good night's sleep." Sometimes I just list the gift, with no comment. But that day I commented, "I know that not everyone has the comfort and safety and health that make this gift possible." Gift #29 was "Karim and Eti." This is the student I mentioned in my last blog, along with his precious wife. Every time I see Eti, she gives me a big hug . . . she never fails to brighten my day! I love drinking tea with them and listening to their stories. Gift #37 was "Literacy." Many women my age, around the world, are illiterate. It is normal for our IGSL students to tell me that their moms never went to school. I am one of the lucky ones . . . no, not lucky! It's a gift from God, for which I am profoundly grateful. Every time I open my notebook to work on my gift list, I am just amazed with how much God has given me, and how good He has been. I am a very wealthy lady.This webpage is for our beloved ministry partners. Thanks for praying... let us know if you'd like updates on any of the past stories.
Sunday, November 18, 2007
A Very Wealthy Lady
This is about 1,000 gifts again. It has been two and a half weeks since I started my list, and I am up to 67 gifts. At this rate it will take me about 9 months to finish. But my goal is not really to finish it, the joy is in the journey, as they say. I am becoming so conscious of how much I have been given. Gift #5 was "a good night's sleep." Sometimes I just list the gift, with no comment. But that day I commented, "I know that not everyone has the comfort and safety and health that make this gift possible." Gift #29 was "Karim and Eti." This is the student I mentioned in my last blog, along with his precious wife. Every time I see Eti, she gives me a big hug . . . she never fails to brighten my day! I love drinking tea with them and listening to their stories. Gift #37 was "Literacy." Many women my age, around the world, are illiterate. It is normal for our IGSL students to tell me that their moms never went to school. I am one of the lucky ones . . . no, not lucky! It's a gift from God, for which I am profoundly grateful. Every time I open my notebook to work on my gift list, I am just amazed with how much God has given me, and how good He has been. I am a very wealthy lady.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment