Since I became a blogger myself, about a year and half ago, I have also learned to enjoy other blogs. A new favorite of mine is http://www.holyexperience.blogspot.com/, written by a lady named Ann Voskamp in Ontario, Canada. She challenges her readers to recognize the gifts God gives each day by making a list . . . and adding to the list . . . until it reaches one thousand gifts. This is not a list of gifts you want, but gifts you have. For many years I have tried to cultivate a grateful heart, so I was very willing to give this idea a go. I've started my list. The first entry is "the taste of honey." It was just the first thing that came to mind, and so I wrote it down and thanked God for it. The next several entries were the names of people dear to me. And then . . . "our recently repaired rocking chair." Whenever I start working on the list, I can hardly write fast enough because so many things come to mind. But I am disciplining myself to slow down and savor each item, and to really express my thanks to my God. I'm loving it.This webpage is for our beloved ministry partners. Thanks for praying... let us know if you'd like updates on any of the past stories.
Thursday, November 01, 2007
One Thousand Gifts
Since I became a blogger myself, about a year and half ago, I have also learned to enjoy other blogs. A new favorite of mine is http://www.holyexperience.blogspot.com/, written by a lady named Ann Voskamp in Ontario, Canada. She challenges her readers to recognize the gifts God gives each day by making a list . . . and adding to the list . . . until it reaches one thousand gifts. This is not a list of gifts you want, but gifts you have. For many years I have tried to cultivate a grateful heart, so I was very willing to give this idea a go. I've started my list. The first entry is "the taste of honey." It was just the first thing that came to mind, and so I wrote it down and thanked God for it. The next several entries were the names of people dear to me. And then . . . "our recently repaired rocking chair." Whenever I start working on the list, I can hardly write fast enough because so many things come to mind. But I am disciplining myself to slow down and savor each item, and to really express my thanks to my God. I'm loving it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment