Last month I went to Bangkok to visit some dear friends who were former students of ours. I only stayed for two days, but as always, it was refreshing and encouraging. We had many things to talk about, and we could have just sat in their home and talked. I would have been satisfied with that. But they brought me to the King's Park, where I got to soak up some of the beauty and uniqueness of Thailand.
The people of Thailand dearly love their king. And they love the beauty of nature. The king is an avid photographer. So in this park, you can see all these loves combined -- the people enjoying the beauty of nature in their king's park, and also enjoying the king's hobby.
There is a museum in the middle of the park that is a tribute to the king, but unfortunately my battery died shortly after we arrived there. I learned a lot and even had the novelty of being interviewed by a group of Thai school children in the museum.
I think everyone in Thailand is a photographer! So I had a lot of fun taking pictures of people taking pictures. But I also got a few shots of the beautiful flowers too.
My short time in Thailand was fun, educational, and inspiring. Proverbs 25:25 says "Like cold water to a weary soul is good news from a distant land." Amen to that! Especially when you have the fun of going to the distant land yourself to get the cold water!
2 comments:
so sorry that I missed you again-- we just flew back in today!
Loved this post! Loved all the photos.
Love you!
Post a Comment