One thing about living in a cross-cultural environment like ours is that you pick up a variety of skills as you go through life. I have noticed that most Americans, Canadians and Filipinos (the three kinds of people I know best) drink from a bottle by putting the bottle to their lips. This means no one else can use your bottle. South Asians don't drink that way. They tilt their head back and pour the water (or whatever) into their mouth, and the bottle never touches their mouth. A very handy skill to have when there are more people than bottles. I have been practicing, usually ending up with water dribbling down my chin, and soaking the front of my shirt. But I am happy to report that I have finally perfected this skill, and I decided to teach it to Michelle on our way to Bangladesh last August. Here we are in a restaurant in the airport in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia during one of our training sessions. Real life discipleship!
.



1 comment:
Funny post! Love the pictures! I want to learn that skill, too.
Post a Comment