Saturday, March 27, 2010

Loyal Yokefellows

This is a photo from my trip last year to Bangladesh. Gerri and I were standing on the street in Khulna City, and we saw these two men passing by. They were pulling a heavy load, but they had obviously learned to work together and to match their pace and strength to each other. We smiled and said, "Hey, they are loyal yokefellows, just like Paul talks about in Philippians 4:3!" In our modern world, we don't see yokefellows much! But there they were, plodding through their day, unknowingly illustrating a biblical truth for us.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It must be very difficult then to be a yokefellow with an unbeiliever. The picture helps me deepen my understanding. Thanks for sharing this picture.
~Ruth

Anonymous said...

Ruth, that is a good point! When I thought of "yokefellows" I thought of co-workers in the ministry like in the Philippians passage. But you are right, it helps us get an idea of how hard it would be to be unequally yoked to an unbeliever. They won't get anywhere if they can't agree on their direction.
Ate Theresa