Although I have thoroughly enjoyed being here, I am ready to go back to Manila. My husband, my home, my life is there. Many dear ones are there. I am homesick. But to go there, I have to say goodbye to people here. And that is always hard.
As I look ahead to the new year, I am looking forward to visiting many dear ones around Asia. We will definitely visit Nepal, Thailand, Bangladesh, and possibly Sri Lanka. I am excited about seeing many of our graduates. But again . . . the time will be too short. I know this from experience. And we will have to say goodbye again.
This morning I received news from a dear friend (my best friend from college) that her eldest son died in a car accident yesterday. He was only 22. My tears have been very close to the surface all day. Death is so wrong! So this goodbye, which seems way too early from my limited perspective, has added to today's ache.
The thing I look forward to most about heaven is NO MORE GOODBYES!
1 comment:
To Michelle: The joy (of motherhood and of the Lord) will be your strength. There will be many sleepless nights but you will always go back to this precious days and take delight in the wonderfulness of being a first time mom. Don't worry, God has designed you to do this very important role in Danny's life. Congratulations!
Ruth
Post a Comment