The ladies in the photo with me are Gerri, Michelle and Jan. We form the Leadership Team of PIM, giving direction to the other teachers, trying to help the program run well, and thinking of ways to improve it. (Gerri, seated next to me, is the one who is going with me to Bangladesh.)
I remember when we started with the very first PIM seminar in 1992-- it was called "Christian Motherhood". My kids, who were about 6 and 8 at the time, saw the poster on the ISOT bulletin board. They came running to me, and with great excitement, said, "Mom, Mom! There's going to be a seminar for you! You'll really like it! You can learn more about being a good mom! You should sign up!"
I told them, "Yes, I already know about it; I'm one of the teachers!" Their eyes widened in awe!
They said, "You mean you know more than other moms about how to be a good mom?" Kids can really humble you! I told them I wasn't an expert, but that God said that older moms should help younger moms in this area. They accepted that.
So, all these years later, I am still trying to do that, in the spirit of Titus 2:3-5. The ladies in this photo are all of the teachers in our PIM program. Each of us has about six women we are leading in discipleship groups, and most of us teach classes too. We love what we do!
1 comment:
Theresa,
I love reading your blog and getting the updates. You have such an interesting ministry and God is using you is many avenues. We gotta reconnect again someday.
Judy
Post a Comment