
This is my favorite photo of our trip. These are
llamas, used by some Canadian farmers to guard their sheep. There were sheep grazing in this field too, and the sheep totally ignored me. The llamas were resting when I approached them, but as soon as they saw me coming near the sheep, they all stood up at once, turned to face me, and watched intently while I snapped their photo. Since I didn't bother the sheep, the llamas didn't bother me.

The eastern part of Alberta looks a lot like Saskatchewan.

This is a field of alfalfa, a common crop in Saskatchewan and Alberta.

This is a close-up photo of the pretty blue alfalfa blossoms. I am not a farm girl, so I find all these things fascinating and beautiful!

This is a field of barley--for people, not for cows! The farmers have had a good crop this year.

This is just a weed. It's called foxtail -- used for nothing. But I thought it was nice, so I photographed it!

This is a herd of
bison. Not common now, but hundreds of years ago, North America was inhabited by thousands of wild bison.

This is a wildflower called "brown-eyed Susan." No use for this one either, but it's beautiful.

Here I am enjoying a field full of brown-eyed Susans.

As we continued to drive westward through Alberta, the land was still flat, but we could see the Rocky Mountains in the distance.
No comments:
Post a Comment