Wednesday, February 22, 2006

I Love Babies

Anyone who knows me knows I love babies, especially tiny babies. Last December I had the privilege of being there when one of the ladies in my ISOT discipleship group gave birth. I learned ahead of time that the hospital normally doesn't allow anyone but the father to assist in a LaMaze delivery. They said that if I had a certificate that showed I am trained in LaMaze, then I would be allowed to join them as an official coach. So, I enrolled in the training, got the certificate, and joined the couple. This was the seventh birth I have witnessed -- and, as always, it was one of the highlights of my life. It is such an amazing thing to watch -- really a miracle! The parents, Tandin and Nengboi, are from Bhutan. The baby is a boy, and his name is Kuenrab Wangyel, which means "all good" + "the sound of victory".

What to pray for: Bhutan is a country in desperate need of the Gospel--less than half a percent of native Bhutanese are Christians. Pray that Tandin and Nengboi would grow as leaders during their time at ISOT. They are young (in age and in the Lord) but have great potential. Please pray that I will be sensitive to God's leading as I mentor them--both of them call me "Ama" which means "Mom" in their language. Sometimes the spiritual battle is intense and wearying -- I am sure Satan does not want them to be equipped well for their life and ministry in Bhutan.

No comments: